titre avec armoiries

icône adobe pdfPour lire les fichiers au format PDF que propose notre site, téléchargez Adobe Reader en cliquant sur l'icône rouge.

Pacte Climat
MyEnergy

INFO-SOCIAL est un service d'information pour toute question d'ordre social. Il est gratuit, anonyme, confidentiel , et accessible du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 12h et de 13h à 17h (tél. 8002-9898).

Vous avez un conflit de voisinage ?

Contactez le Service de médiation sociale. Ce service est gratuit (numéro gratuit 8002 3883).
Télécharger le flyer en pdf

Ce service est l'un des projets du MEC, Mouvement pour l'Egalité des Chances.


Larochette Castle

 
vue panoramique du château de Larochette
 

The ruins of Larochette castle are perched on a sandstone promontory 150 metres above the Valley of the White Ernz, a tributary of the river Sûre.

The castle is accessed via a large bailey protected by a mound. The main castle, built in dressed stone is encircled by a rampart which today is largely destroyed. A deep ditch, partly of natural origin, divides the castle in two halves. On the extreme tip of the promontory, the remnants of several stately mansions bear witness of the sumptuous architectural quality of this castle.

Since the acquisition of the castle in 1979 by the Luxembourg State, Larochette underwent important restorations. Photogrammetric images taken soon after the castle purchase have been supplemented by ongoing archaeological studies.

The lords of Larochette first appear towards the end of the 12th Century as standard-bearers to the House of Luxembourg. Towards the late 14th Century, five separate grand families live within the castle. The House of Homburg was built around 1350 as a result of the alliance of the brothers Frederic and Conrad, lords of Homburg, with the sisters Irmgard and Matilda of Larochette. The House of Créhange was built around 1385. At the end of the 16th Century, the castle burned down and has been a ruin ever since.

The House of Créhange -of high architectural quality- was restored between 1983 and 1987. The House of Homburg was consolidated and restored in the years 1987 and 1988. At the same time, substantial excavation and clearing works were undertaken. The resulting data from these archaeological explorations will help us to fully understand the history of the castle.

Source: Association des Châteaux luxembourgeois A.S.B.L.
 

Le contenu de cette page peut ne pas être à jour.
Pour proposer un ajout, une modification ou des suggestions, envoyer un [mail].

bouton haut de page